Saturday, February 21, 2015

Weeknight Pasta

Before we got married, my family threw me a kitchen shower where guests attached a recipe to their gift. I got a few great recipes, and this weeknight pasta was one of them (thanks, Kim!). It has three ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. It's so easy to throw together on a busy weeknight, trust me!

A little background: my husband is a very picky eater...and that is an understatement. He doesn't eat anything green; no fruits, veggies, or anything remotely healthy. His favorite veggie: salsa; favorite fruit: red starburst. This is not an exaggeration. So, cooking in our house can be quite a challenge as you can probably imagine.

Fortunately, we both agree on this dish and love it. Hope you enjoy it, too!

Balsamic Pasta
9 oz. store bought ravioli (or your favorite pasta) (we use the Buitoni brand)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
Chopped, toasted walnuts, if desired (hubs does NOT desire)
Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top

How to make it: Boil water. Add pasta and cook until tender. Drain pasta and put back in pot. While pasta is boiling, combine butter and vinegar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until bubbly. Once foam subsides and butter turns brown, turn heat off and let it cool. Stir in the balsamic butter mix with the pasta. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and walnuts on top.

This is what the final product looks like (for tonight, anyway).



I also love this dish because there are several variations to it. You can use ravioli, tortellini, angel hair, and the list goes on. You can easily throw in last night's leftover chicken to make it a more hearty dish or add in some sun dried tomatoes and spinach to get your veggies for the day. I usually serve it with a light salad, too. It's also good reheated for lunch the next day (if that's your thing...and it's very much my thing!).

Bon appétit!

2 comments:

  1. Aww! I got a shout out! I am glad you like this recipe, it is a favorite at our house too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing about this pasta for years - it is time I try it!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS