Monday, December 8, 2014

Chopped Beef Sandwiches

This is a great week to pull out the crock pot and let it work its magic. The crock pot is probably the most under utilized gadget in my kitchen, which I hate to admit. Nevertheless, it's perfect for this easy weeknight meal. This recipe is based on my mother in law's recipe she uses at Ford Family Tailgating parties, just modified to work for our family (and my MSPI diet).

Ingredients

  • 2 cups of pre-chopped creole mix veggies (in the produce section at the grocery store)
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (your choice of sauce; I use Stubb's or homemade)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I use A1 so that it's MSPI friendly)
  • 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of creole seasoning (I use Slap Ya Mama)
  • 1-2 pounds of boneless chuck roast
  • Burger/sandwich buns

Mix the first eight ingredients together in the crock pot, and then add the meat. Turn the crock pot on high and cook for 6-7 hours, until the meat is tender. When you are ready to serve, shred the meat and serve on a burger bun of your choice. It goes great alongside grilled veggies!





No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS