Sunday, June 21, 2009

Nieces and Nephews and Charley...Oh My!

This has been a great weekend for the Ford family - Jeremy & I have a new nephew. Brayden Paul Ford was born at 11:50 a.m. on Saturday morning to Collin (Jeremy's brother) and his wife Melanie! We are so excited for them! He is precious and adorable and we can't wait to hold him. We are (hopefully) going to visit them this coming up weekend in BR and I promise to post pics when we return!

We recently celebrated the nephew on my side of the family, Drake's birthday. He just turned 8 and had a swim party! He's so cute - he's getting to a stage where he is comfortable showing affection without being forced to "go hug your Aunt Brittney." After he opened the gifts, he came up and gave me a side hug and said "Thank you." It was really heartfelt and genuine! We also celebrated our niece, Alex's "5th birthday" even though her real birthday isn't until December! She's always adorable and had the cutest squeal every time she opened a gift! It was hilarious!

And Charley....he's just, well, Charley! Into everything and so nosy! I've been working out with Jillian's Shred DVD at home, and everytime I do it, he has to be right beside me. When I am running in place, he's trying to sit on each foot as it hits the ground; when I'm doing push ups, he's laying on my leg! CRAZY DOG! The most recent thing he's chewed is the cord of our iron, so now its out of commission - just when I was starting to actually like ironing! He is starting to calm down somewhat, so we can possibly start having guests over without having to distract Charley! Yahoo!!

Just wanted to share some blessings with everyone - hoping you have found blessings in your weekends, too!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new nephew! So exciting. I'm sure he'll be covered in love and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After last nights game I'm sure your husband is one very happy man!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS