Thursday, June 11, 2009

What I'm Reading

I LOVE to read, and right now the book I'm loving is The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. I'm sure most of you have heard his story - the Carnegie Mellon professor who passed away recently of pancreatic cancer. It's the story of his last lecture given that was basically written for his kids to read and watch. His children are 1, 3 and 5. It's a great book and an easy read, that really puts life in perspective for you. Here are some of my favorite snippets from the book:

"Just because you're in the driver's seat, doesn't mean you have to run people over."
"Never make a decision until you have to."
"When there's an elephant in the room, introduce it."
"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."

Happy Thursday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. haha, Im reading Miersy loves Cabernet!
    You would love it Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a good book and a tear jerker!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS