Monday, March 15, 2010

Chocolate Cake Monday

To celebrate Spring Break, I'm doing something new every day! I love to bake, so I figured I'd make a new dessert today - not to mention I LOVE SWEETS!

Today I made a Chocolate Sheet Cake! I've never made one before, but I love to eat them, so I gave it a go with Pioneer Woman's Recipe. It only called for 3 3/4 sticks of butter (yep, you read that right!). It was fairly easy to make, but next time I'll use a deeper baking sheet. The mess took a long time to clean up! Live and learn! That's my cooking motto :)

This is the icing starting to boil; after I made the icing, I poured it onto the cake just as it came out of the oven...this was pure bliss!

This is what the cake looked like in the oven!

It was all fun and games until I realized the big mess I made pouring the icing on top of the cake - oh well, part of the fun!

The only downside to this cake is that making it uses a ton of dishes!

This is what Charley did while I was a baking! Usually he's right on my heels, so this is serious progress!


Happy Spring Break!!
Brittney

1 comment:

  1. Love her sheet cake - I made it for Thanksgiving last year (used a bigger pan) and when I poured the icing on it, it was really thick. So, I cut it up in bite size pieces and it was like fudge with cake! Yum! Wish I was your neighbor for some sweet treats...

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS