Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tie Knot Blanket Tuesday

For today's Spring Break Project, I made a blanket! I made a cute tie knot fleece blanket. The lady at Joann's said it would only take me 30 minutes. Well, it took about 3 hours, but I'll chalk that up to the fact that I'm an amateur and that I was watching last night's episode of Gossip Girl (OMG - Dan and Vanessa?!? LOVE IT!). Anyway, I had fun making the blanket and I can't wait to snuggle up and use it, since I'm always cold! Here are a few pics from each step of the way!

First, I cut 4 inch squares in each of the corners of the blanket.

Then I cut 4 inch strips on all sides of the blanket (lesson learned: do this project on a large table, and not on the living room floor)

Next, I tied the strips together. Do you like the polka dot fabric? It's called Skittles - cute, right?

Ta-da - its finished! Charley likes it, of course, he barely stayed off of it long enough for me to finish!
I had fun with the blanket!! Jenna - are you proud?!?
Not sure what I'll be taking on tomorrow yet!
XOXO-
Brittney

1 comment:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS